Society has taught that worth is defined by wealth, status, beauty, sex and power. Without such things a person is made to feel worthless or less than those who do. When defined by such materialistic and vain barriers it can remove all forms of positive self-perception. If the mind begins to start filling the body and soul with negative self-talk and emotions, the body will begin to outwardly show those feelings.
So hear this now. Vain, materialistic possessions and achievements will only bring temporary happiness. To achieve lifelong happiness - that must be found within. In order to achieve this, self-perception needs to be shifted and focused on the core nature of the being. Who am I? What makes me happy? How can I love myself?
To begin this journey the most important thing is to start listening to your thoughts. Thoughts that are controlling, self-doubting or negative. Recognise when you are thinking a certain way and why. Instead of moving away from these thoughts and feelings try and understand them. Start to be aware of what the mind is doing through negative self-talk, self-abandonment, judgment, various addictions or coping mechanisms.
When feeling this way there are two pathways that can be taken. The first is to protect against the pain and use negative coping mechanisms, such as addictive and controlling behaviour, to temporarily forget such thoughts. The second option is to understand these feelings. Learn why the mind is feeling this way, why it is reacting to a circumstance in this manner and why it seems to be causing pain? Whether it be pain through self-infliction or blame, understand why it is happening and how action can be taken to improve on the current, destructive methods being implemented.
If the second option is taken on board (fingers crossed it is), know that these types of changes don't happen overnight. This will be a continuous journey of self- development, self-healing and positive thinking. It will be one of the hardest journey's to go on because it is challenging the way thoughts are processed and it is tackling a massive opponent. That opponent is the all-consuming, negative self.
Love yourself for who you are right now! Every person is a constant work in progress so be present and enjoy the journey. Whilst loving who you are keep aiming to better yourself physically, mentally and emotionally to continue striving to be the best version of yourself possible. Create a passionate, fulfilled and joyful life, you won't regret it.
- Begin your day with love. Get out of bed and do something beneficial for your body. Go for a walk, drink a delicious cup of tea and just be at one with your mind.
- Language is so important so talk yourself happy. Use affirmations to change your mind to become more positive
- Be honest. If you are feeling upset express it. Burying emotions and thoughts will fix nothing. Talking and resolving feelings will.
- Be patient. Changing years of negative emotions and self talk doesn't change overnight. Enjoy the journey and look forward to the result
- Appreciate the small things
- Forgive yourself
- Last but not least stop comparing yourself to others. You are beautiful just the way you are